SEO experiment

My lifetime sales on Amazon

Disclaimer: I’m no expert when it comes to SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). But a few months ago I was researching top sellers in my genre for a new book cover, and I noticed something: many books had a bunch of extra information in their titles about their books. Like “Murder Mystery Thriller for teens”. Or “Dystopian fantasy with Fairies for men” (actually, I just made both of them up, but you get the point).

And I thought, hmm, I’m going to give that a go. So I adjusted the titles (on Amazon only – they’re still unchanged on the actual book cover) and added “(Teen & YA Christian Epic Fantasy Adventure)” on to all three of my titles (and linked them together as a series). Whammo! The very next day I made a sale. Then two more the following day. Then the following 2 months I also sold three trilogies each. This is without adjusting my adverstising campaigns at all!!

On the chart above, the recent spike in sales is due to that tweak. The other two peaks on the chart are when I released Tyrelia and Golden City respectively (Medar doesn’t show up because those sales were being passed back through to Arkhouse). Of all the little bars in between only about half are as a result from my advertising campaigns (i.e., pretty pathetic).

So, just thought I’d share my success story and I recommend you give it a try too!

Book 1 Medar – published August 2017. Click here to purchase.

Book 2 Tyrelia – published March 2019. Click here to purchase.

Book 3 Golden City – published November 2020. Click here to purchase.

Leave a Reply